At Built (“Built” or “we” or “us” or “our”) we take our responsibility to protect and respect your privacy seriously and want to make sure that you understand how we use your data. This policy describes the types of information Built may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, http://www.itsbuilt.com/ (the "Website"), when you fill out a form on the Website, or contact us through the Website. It also explains how we collect, use, maintain, protect, and, in some circumstances, disclose that information.
Certain information Built collects will only be done with your consent, other information may be necessary for Built to operate the Website or is necessary to complete Built’s contractual obligations.
What Types Of Information Do We Collect About You?
“Personal Information” is information that can specifically identify you, including:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
We may also collect information through Google Analytics, and that information can, in some circumstances, be considered personal information.
In some instances, we de-identify data by removing Personal Information. Once de-identified, the data is no longer attributed to a single unique individual. De-identified information is non-personal information that we may treat like other non-personal information.
“Non-Personal Information” is any information about you that does not reveal your specific identity, does not directly relate to an individual, and cannot be readily connected back to an individual such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Usage Data including information about how you use our Website
- Information about or from a referring website
- Communications Data including your communication preferences
- Aggregated information
How Do You Collect Information About Me?
Information You Give Us:
Built receives and stores information you enter on the Website or give us in any other way. Examples of the information you may provide us include your full name, email address, company name, and phone number, as well as whether you are a broker or future tenant and the location or locations in which you are interested. Built may also maintain records and copies of your correspondence (including postal and email addresses), if you contact Built, as well as your search queries on the Website.
We may use the information that you provide for such purposes as
- Contacting you regarding your inquiry
- Contacting you about other topics, such as sending you marketing materials
- Sending you important information regarding the Website, such as certain changes to terms, conditions, policies, and/or administrative information.
Automatic Information We Collect:
Built uses Google Analytics to support our services on the Website. As a result, as you interact with the Website, you are also interacting with Google Analytics, which may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including, in some circumstances, your IP address or a portion of it. For more information about the automatic information we collect, see “What About Google Analytics?” or visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
The information Built automatically collects does not include your name or other directly personal data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways.
Why Do We Collect this Information Automatically?
The automatically collected information helps Built improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling Built to:
- Recognize you when you return to the Website
- Estimate Built audience size and usage patterns
- Improve the Website’s and our business’ functionality and services
What About Google Analytics?
By using this site, you agree to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner described above and for the aforementioned purpose.
You can prevent data collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This places an opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this (or other) websites. This opt-out cookie must be stored permanently on your computer. If you delete this cookie or it is deleted automatically via browser settings, you will have to install this cookie again when visiting our Website in the future. Please note that if you choose to use an opt-out cookie, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Built uses information that you provide to us through the Website, including any personal information, in order to:
- Contact you regarding your inquiry
- Contact you about other topics, such as sending you marketing materials
- Provide your information to third parties, such as leasing agents, associated with the property or properties you inquired about through the Website
- Present the Website and its contents to you
- Recognize you when you return to the Website
- Send you important information regarding the Website, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or administrative information
- Respond to any questions, requests, inquiries, or comments you have made to us
- Improve our business, by making use of data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- Develop programs, services or content
- Create reports for internal use
- In any other way we may describe when you provide us the information
- For any other purpose, with your consent
Built may also, with your consent, use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you want to remove yourself from this list at any time, please press the unsubscribe button on any of our emails or contact us at email@example.com. For more information, see “What Are My Choices?”
Do You Share Personal Information With Others?
We value the information we have about our customers and are not in the business of selling it to others. We do occasionally need to share your information for the purpose of conducting our business with you or to comply with legal obligations. For example, under certain circumstances, we may need to disclose collected personal information in order to:
- Disclose to trusted third parties, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential, to support our business, and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them
- Comply with any court order, law, legal process, or to respond to any government or regulatory request, including requests related to laws outside of your country of residence
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Built, its employees, customers, or others
- Enforce our terms and conditions
- Permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we sustain
- Fulfill our recordkeeping obligations and practices
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- Comply with your instructions or, if allowed to do so, with your consent.
We may also need to provide the collected personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Built assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Built about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
How Do You Use Non-Personal Information?
Because your non-personal information does not personally identify you, we and our third party service providers may use such information for any purpose. Built may also use or disclose aggregated information that does not identify individual users without restriction.
How Do You Protect My Information?
We and our third party service providers use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Please do not send us sensitive information through email or through the Website. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contact Us" section below. (Note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.)
What Are My Choices?
You can prevent data collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This places an opt-out cookie, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this (or other) websites. This opt-out cookie must be stored permanently on your computer. If you delete this cookie or it is deleted automatically via browser settings, you will have to install this cookie again when visiting our Website in the future.
If you no longer want to receive email or other mail from Built, please press the unsubscribe button on any of our emails or contact us at- firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Built only keeps your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected it unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Children Under The Age Of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. Built does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on/through any of its features, use any of the interactive features of the Website, provide any information about yourself to Built, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, the information will be deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at - email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding Built disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that Built and Spear Street are both United States entities, and our Website is hosted in the United States, and all our data is hosted in the United States. We do not offer any goods or services outside the United States through the Website.
How Can I Contact You?
450 Lexington Avenue
New York, New York 10017